Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) is a library of components that provides native connectivity to Oracle from the following IDEs:
Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 and XE, Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010, CodeGear Delphi 2009, C++Builder 2009, CodeGear RAD Studio 2007, Delphi 2007 for Win32/64, C++Builder 2007, Borland Developer Studio 2006, Delphi 2005, Turbo Delphi, Turbo Delphi for .NET, Turbo C++, Delphi 7, 6, 5, C++Builder 6, 5, Lazarus and FreePascal for Win32/64 and Linux.
The ODAC library is designed to help programmers develop faster and cleaner Oracle database applications.
60-day fully functional trial versions of all products are available on Devart web site: http://www.devart.com/odac/download.html
ODAC is a direct connectivity database wrapper built specifically for the Oracle server. ODAC offers wide coverage of the Oracle feature set, supports both Client and Direct connection modes, and emphasizes optimized data access strategies.
- Direct access to server data. No need to install of other data provider layers
- FireMonkey, VCL and LCL support
- 64-bit application development support
- In Direct mode does not require Oracle client software and works directly through TCP/IP
- Full support of the latest versions of Oracle and its data types
- VCL, VCL.NET, CLX versions of library available
- Disconnected Model for working with data offline
- Local Failover for detecting connection loss
- Oracle Transparent Application Failover(TAF) support
- Automatic data updating with TOraQuery, TSmartQuery, and TOraTable components
- Advanced script execution functionality with TOraScript component
- Integration with OraDeveloper Tools for performing advanced database development and administration tasks
- Oracle Advanced Queuing support
- Oracle alerts and pipes support
- Oracle direct path interface support
- Distributed transaction support
- Unicode and national charsets support
- Easy migration from BDE with Migration Wizard